Latest Christmas Party Survey indicates continued market strength
The results of Venue Search London’srecently published 2018 London Christmas Party Survey includes information from over 300 corporate event buyers and reveals the latest trends in this core and valuable sector of the capital’s event market.
The survey covers the party choices of over 36,000 guests in the 2017 season, with a total spend in excess of £3m.
Key survey findings include:
- The average spend per head rose by 2% in 2017 to £86.44 + VAT, with the proportion of buyers spending over £100 +VAT per guest rose from 28% to 32% in 2017.
- 55% of parties are now held at restaurants, bars and clubs (up from 52% in 2016), with 60% of buyers still opting for the more formal seated meal catering style.
- Thursdays and Fridays remain the most popular nights for parties, accounting for 69% of the total market. There is an increasing trend towards lunchtime events, which now represent 21% of the total Christmas events market.
- Average party numbers are likely to increase for 2018, with 30% of respondees indicating a likely increase in guests for 2018 and only 4% forecasting a reduction in their numbers from 2017.
- 45% of total surveyed event spend was booked through venue finders and event agencies, representing an 11% increase from 2017.
Notes to Editors on survey method:
The 2018 London Christmas Party Survey was carried out via an online questionnaire on Venue Search London and London Christmas Party Show websites between April 12thand 22nd2018.
The results of the second annual survey represent the activity of 36,000 party guests and covers £3.1m of total party spend in the 2017 season.
Of the 312 responders, 21 were excluded since they held their parties outside the M25 or were identified as event agencies or venues. The survey pool was therefore reduced to 291 corporate buyers (up from 266 in 2017) who booked Christmas parties inside the M25 in 2017.
0207 870 9305
Venue Search London is a free, unbiased venue finding service. Listing over 1,000 party, conference and event spaces within the M25.